This a glossary containing few of the terminologies related to Video Security Equipments. You can add anything you find missing from the list.
- Auto Iris: The cameras which require to adjust with the light levels, like from the bright sunlight of the day to the darkness of the night, need to be equipped with Auto Iris.
- Alarm Input: Some of the security cameras have sensors or alarm inputs, to detect unwanted surface contact or infra-red movements which acts as signals or alarms for them to start recording.
- Aperture: It is the opening of the camera lens. Aperture is controlled by the iris which in turn controls the amount of light entering the lens.
- Back Light Compensation: Another feature of the security cameras that deals with light. It adjusts with any bright light in the background and focus on the shadowed areas of an image.
- Balun: It is a term that has been derived from combining ‘balanced’ and ’ unbalanced’. The unbalanced video signal that is transmitted and is highly susceptible to noise. The Video Baluns helps in balancing the video signals and canceling the noise.
- BNC Connector: In CCTV installations, BNC is the connector for coaxial cables.
- Coaxial Cable: Is a kind of cable that enables transmission of a range of frequencies with low signal loss.
- CCIR: This determines the number of cameras that can be recorded and viewed simultaneously.
- Compression: This means balancing of the level of a picture signal. Compressing or reducing at one level while there is a gain at another level of that same signal.
- Concealed Cable Management: This enable cleaner installation of the of the video security system. The cables are put through a built-in bracket, so that the vandals are prevented from tampering with it.
- Camera Format: It is the measurement of the image pick up of the camera .It is derived from the diagonal line of a chip.
- C-Mount and CS-Mount: These are the two types of lenses used in security cameras. A C-Mount lense has a external ridge of 17.5 mm whereas a CS-Mount lense has a flange of 12.5 mm. A C- Mount lense can be used on a CS-Mount camera with a 5 mm adapter ring but not the vice-verse.
Home Tech Solutions offer you the latest models of security cameras. We provide CCTV installation and maintenance. If you are looking for one-stop solution for installation of video security cameras at your residence or office feel free to call us.